Mar 12, 2008

Yankees-Rays Revisited

The Yankees take on the Rays again in a Spring Training game. It will be interesting to see what, if any, retaliation comes from the Yankees. There has not been a lot of chatter from any Yankees player; only the manager.

"I don't see why anything would carry over. Why would it carry over?" Derek Jeter said. "I think it makes for a good story but . . . we're in spring training. I don't see the reason why something should carry over."

Added Jorge Posada, "Spring training game, guys. Spring training game. Happens. It's a freak accident. Move on. Be able to move on."

Said Shelley Duncan, "Everything I said, we're still going to go out there and we're going to play the game hard. Just like I said before. They showed us what is acceptable. We're just going to go play the game."

The issue doesn't sound as though it's pervading the Yankees clubhouse much. Jeter insisted, "I haven't heard a person talk about it till now," and Posada said there was no feeling in the clubhouse of wanting to take care of something.

"It's not even an issue," Duncan said.

No comments: